- Applications close: October 10th at midnight.
- Selection Announcement: October 13th
- Development period with weekly classes: October 17th - January 18th.
- Exhibition Opening: TBD (Late January 2017).
- Youth Workshops: TBD (Mid February 2017).
Selected Apprentices Receive:
- Training in creative coding languages (HTML, CSS & Processing) which are both artistic and technically balanced in structure.
- Experience in the artmaking process, including creation, development and installation of a publicly accessible digital artwork through mentorship from professional artists.
- Opportunity to mentor their own peers by leading a workshop on the knowledge they have gained during the apprenticeship.
- Access to cutting edge technology resources and facilities located at both Gray Area and Dolby Laboratories.
- A stipend to support their creative development.
- 36 hours of weekly team development meetings, both onsite and virtual.
- 6 hours of scheduled install time.
- 6 hours of workshop preparation and facilitation.
We are looking for Applicants who:
- Have some experience with code.
- Are inquisitive and eager to learn.
- Are excited to get creative.
- Identify as girls (ages 15-18).