This workshop is appropriate for creative coders, musicians, immersive artists and performance artists with a comfort level in at least one of the following creative coding frameworks: OpenFrameworks, Python, PureData, MaxMSP, SuperCollider, Chuck.
- $360 (12 hours @ $30)
- 12 Hour Workshop with access to lab time during the week
- Co-Lead by Daniel Bisig & Jan Schacher
- Applicants will be interviewed assess if prerequisites are met
- Access to develop in a cutting edge media lab environment
- Opportunity to showcase work at a Creative Code Meetup
At the Zurich University of the Arts’ Institute of Computer Music and Sound Technology (ICST), researchers have developed a physical space which integrates panoramic video and surround audio with full touch interaction. This media space is called ‘Immersive Lab,’ and from November to December it will be installed at Gray Area.
The ICST’s ‘Immersive Lab’ is a temporary installation of a physical media space, a kind of playable media instrument, at Gray Area. Though the name is similar to our ten-week education program, the ICST ‘Immersive Lab’ is a different opportunity.