Immersive Art & Music Performances
Creative Code Workshops
Conferences & Artist Talks
Art & Media Exhibitions
Benefit Events & Seated Dinners
Gray Area has retrofitted the historic Grand Theater with modern day sound, lighting and visual capabilities. Located in the vibrant Mission District of San Francisco, Gray Area is the perfect environment for your next event.
Grand Theater Rental
Making up the entire ground floor, the Grand Theater Rental is an excellent option for exhibits and large performances.
- 7,000 square feet
- 668 maximum capacity
- 450 seated
Half Theater Rental
Including the main stage, lobby, and bar, the Half Theater Rental is perfect for performances, small conferences, and special events.
- 4,000 square feet
- 300 maximum capacity
- 250 seated
Immersive Art & Live Music Performances
Conference & Corporate Productions
Community & Private Events
Creative Code Workshops
The Historic Grand Theater
Gray Area is located in the historic Grand Theater, built in 1940. We offer modern sound, light, and visual capabilities, fiber internet, and full bar packages. The 10,000 square foot San Francisco landmark is a versatile venue available for performances, conferences, and exhibitions.
2665 Mission Street, c. 1970
Are you a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization?
Community Partnership Rental Program
Gray Area is proud to offer a community rentals program to organizations with nonprofit 501(c)3 status to leverage our space for community support and social good. Events or organizations that qualify for this program must satisfy one or more of the following program goals:
1) to serve the local Mission District community
2) to elevate and organize around issues of social justice
3) to support, or increase visibility of, underserved communities
4) to advance under-supported fields in the arts and/or in technology
Benefits of the community rentals program include listing on the Gray Area website, digital marketing, and discounted gear and rental fees. Past program recipients include: Mission Cultural Center, El Tecolote, Let's Take Action, Dawson Dance SF, CounterPulse, CCA, BAVC, and more.
Our team is working hard to keep a safe environment:
• Intimate: Restricted capacity to allow for social distancing.
• Air Circulation: New increased ventilation in the lobby and performance space.
• Cleanliness: New enhanced cleaning policy; we are fully sanitizing the entire facility every day and providing hand sanitizer.
* Please note any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed while in attendance at the event. We are following state and federal guidance, and doing everything we can to minimize risk to our guests.