Venue Info & Accessibility
Where is Gray Area located?
- 2665 Mission Street. San Francisco, CA. 94110
- Cross street: 23rd street
Is Gray Area Wheelchair Accessible?
- The exhibition area and all entrances are wheelchairs accessible.
- During the time that the TECHS-MECHS exhibition is running, our in-person workshops are being held in the upstairs classrooms, which are not ADA accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and encourage anyone who may be impacted to reach out to us directly at [email protected] so that we can help accommodate their needs as best we can.
- The two restrooms located on the first floor are wheelchair accessible.
Do you have seating?
- Depending on the type of event, we may offer seating. In general, Gray Area is a general admission, standing room venue.
- Wheelchair Spaces, Accessible Seating, and Companion Seats are always available for all our events and exhibitions. Please contact us at [email protected] so we may accommodate your request.
- Benches are located throughout the TECHS-MECHS exhibition space for visitors to rest and enjoy the art. If you require additional accessible seating or have specific seating needs, please let us know in advance at [email protected] or ask one of our docents for assistance.
Is there an epilepsy warning for TECHS-MECHS?
- Flashing lights and high sound volume may affect those who are susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy or other photo and audio sensitivities. If you have concerns about photosensitive epilepsy or other medical conditions that could be triggered by visual effects, please let us know and we can provide you with information about specific pieces in the exhibition that may require caution.
Where can I park?
- There is metered street parking immediately on Mission st, The Mission Bartlett Garage is right around the corner from us on 21st & Bartlett.
How do I get to Gray Area via public transportation?
- SF Muni bus lines 14, 14R, 48, 49, 714 and the 24th & Mission BART station are all within a block of Gray Area.
What is your COVID-19 policy?
What items are allowed in the venue?
- Empty refillable water bottles - Personal cameras - Personal bags, backpack, purses (subject to search)
What items are prohibited in the venue?
- Outside food and drinks -
Weapons of any kind -
Professional video or audio recording equipment -
Pets (with the exception of service animals) -
Permanent markers -
Candles and other open flames -
Confetti / glitter / etc. -
Anything dangerous or threatening
Can I take photos and videos?
- Photography is permitted for personal, noncommercial use. Cameras and cell phones are permitted.
Professional recording equipment such as tripods, drones, and camera extension poles are not allowed.
- Feel free to tag us! @grayareaorg #TECHSMECHS
The music is too loud; do you have anything to help?
- Earplugs are available at the bar for $1, just ask our bartenders!
Ticketing Information - TECHS-MECHS & Events
What are the exhibition hours?
- Wednesday - Saturday 2PM - 9PM
Sunday 12PM - 6PM
How does the TECHS-MECHS Timed Entry work?
- You can book your arrival window on our ticketing page.
Visitors are welcome to check in any time within the 1 hour window leading up to the next session.
The exhibition closes approximately 10–15min prior to closing.
We are open until 9pm Wednesday – Saturday, and 6pm on Sundays.
Who gets discounted admission to TECHS-MECHS?
- • No one will be turned away for lack of funds. If you are a student or nonprofit worker, or facing financial hardship, we are offering discounts and scholarships. Apply here.
- • Admission to TECHS-MECHS is free for residents of San Francisco’s Mission District, a historic center of the city’s Latinx and Mexican-American communities. Each visiting adult must show a valid photo ID with proof of residency within the Mission District, specifically the zip code "94110" and "94103". The following items or combinations are acceptable: - A driver’s license or state ID card - Photo ID plus postmarked envelope, postcard, or magazine label with name and date - Photo ID plus utility bill (gas/electric/cable), bank statement, or letter from a government agency with name and home address (not a P.O. Box) You may not bring non-Mission resident guests for free.
- • Children aged 4 and under enjoy free admission. Visiting adults are limited to six children for free entry.
Is there a group rate? Can I book a private event?
- For groups of 12+ or more, contact us at [email protected] for more information about hosting your event.
How do I buy tickets online?
- Please visit the event’s page for a link to the ticket-buying webpage.
I forgot to print my tickets! Can you scan them on my phone?
- Sure! Either that or give the door staff your full name and we can look you up.
Can I get a refund for my ticket?
- All ticket sales are final. We don’t offer refunds unless an event or workshop is canceled.
Can I exchange my TECHS-MECHS tickets for a different date or time?
- Yes, we offer a ticket exchange policy that allows you to exchange your tickets for a different date or time up to 72 hours in advance of the original scheduled time.
Please note that this policy applies only to the TECHS-MECHS exhibit. We do not offer ticket exchanges for one-time events or workshops.
- To exchange your exhibition tickets, please contact us at [email protected] and provide your name, order number, and the new date and time that you would like to attend. We will do our best to accommodate your request, subject to availability.
Will you have tickets at the door?
- If the event is not sold out, we will sell tickets at the door until we reach capacity.
Does my child need a ticket?
- Yes. Due to capacity restrictions, everyone attending must have a ticket regardless of age. We discourage any infants or babies in arms.
Are you hiring?
- Please check here for any job opportunities.
Do you need any interns?
- Gray Area offers a ten week-long part time internship with rolling applications, you can apply here.
Do you need any volunteers?
- Gray Area is a nonprofit organization and we maintain a regular volunteer database for events year-round. To be added to the volunteer list please complete this form and let us know you want to help.
I lost my ID/sweatshirt/favorite book at the show last night. How can I get in touch with the Lost and Found?
- Please contact us at [email protected] with a detailed description of the item and we will do our best to help you get it back.
Do you have a mailing list?