Venue Info & Accessibility
Where is Gray Area located?
- 2665 Mission Street. San Francisco, CA. 94110
- Cross street: 23rd street
Is Gray Area Wheelchair Accessible?
- The exhibition area and all entrances are wheelchairs accessible.
- The two restrooms located on the first floor are wheelchair accessible.
10/12/2023 Update Please note that only one wheelchair accessible bathroom is in service.
Do you have seating?
- Depending on the type of event, we may offer seating. In general, Gray Area is a general admission, standing room venue.
- Wheelchair Spaces, Accessible Seating, and Companion Seats are always available for all our events and exhibitions. Please contact us at [email protected] so we may accommodate your request.
- There are seats located throughout the Difference Machines exhibition space for visitors to rest and enjoy the art. If you require additional accessible seating or have specific seating needs, please let us know in advance at [email protected] or ask one of our docents for assistance.
Is there an epilepsy warning for your events?
- Refer to the event page for any sensory warning.
Where can I park?
- There is metered street parking immediately on Mission st, The Mission Bartlett Garage is right around the corner from us on 21st & Bartlett.
How do I get to Gray Area via public transportation?
- SF Muni bus lines 14, 14R, 48, 49, 714 and the 24th & Mission BART station are all within a block of Gray Area.
What is your COVID-19 policy?
What items are allowed in the venue?
- Empty refillable water bottles - Personal cameras - Personal bags, backpack, purses (subject to search)
What items are prohibited in the venue?
- Outside food and drinks -
Weapons of any kind -
Professional video or audio recording equipment -
Pets (with the exception of service animals) -
Permanent markers -
Candles and other open flames -
Confetti / glitter / etc. -
Anything dangerous or threatening
Can I take photos and videos?
- Photography is permitted for personal, noncommercial use. Cameras and cell phones are permitted.
Professional recording equipment such as tripods, drones, and camera extension poles are not allowed.
- Feel free to tag us! @grayareaorg
The music is too loud; do you have anything to help?
- Earplugs are available at the bar for $1, just ask our bartenders!
Ticketing Information - Events & Workshops
How do I buy tickets online?
- Please visit the event’s page for a link to the ticket-buying webpage.
Do I need to print my tickets?
- No need! You can either display your ticket on your phone or just provide the door staff with your full name, and they'll look you up.
Can I get a refund for my ticket?
- All ticket sales are final. We don’t offer refunds unless an event or workshop is canceled.
Will you have tickets at the door?
- If the event is not sold out, we will sell tickets at the door until we reach capacity.
Does my child need a ticket?
- Yes. Due to capacity restrictions, everyone attending must have a ticket regardless of age. We discourage any infants or babies in arms.
Are you hiring?
- Please check here for any job opportunities.
Do you need any interns?
- Gray Area offers a ten week-long part time internship with rolling applications, you can apply here.
Do you need any volunteers?
- Gray Area is a nonprofit organization and we maintain a regular volunteer database for events year-round. To be added to the volunteer list please complete this form and let us know you want to help.
I lost my ID/sweatshirt/favorite book at the show last night. How can I get in touch with the Lost and Found?
- Please contact us at [email protected] with a detailed description of the item and we will do our best to help you get it back.
Do you have a mailing list?