Venue Info & Accessibility
Where is Gray Area located?
- 2665 Mission Street. San Francisco, CA. 94110
- Cross street: 23rd street
Is Gray Area Wheelchair Accessible?
- All entrances and facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- The two restrooms located on the first floor are wheelchair accessible.
Do you have seating?
- Depending on the type of event, we may offer seating. In general, Gray Area is a general admission, standing room venue.
- Wheelchair Spaces, Accessible Seating, and Companion Seats are always available for all our events. Please contact us at [email protected] so we may accommodate your request.
Where can I park?
- There is metered street parking immediately on Mission st, The Mission Bartlett Garage is right around the corner from us on 21st & Bartlett.
How do I get to Gray Area via public transportation?
- SF Muni bus lines 14, 14R, 48, 49, 714 and the 24th & Mission BART station are all within a block of Gray Area.
What is your COVID-19 policy?
What items are allowed in the venue?
- Empty refillable water bottles - Personal cameras - Personal bags, backpack, purses (subject to search)
What items are prohibited in the venue?
- Outside food and drinks -
Weapons of any kind -
Professional video or audio recording equipment -
Pets (with the exception of service animals) -
Permanent markers -
Candles and other open flames -
Confetti / glitter / etc. -
Anything dangerous or threatening
Can I record audio / video of the artists performing?
- No, Gray Area’s standard house policy does not allow professional cameras, audio or video recording devices, or cameras with detachable lenses.
Do you have coat check?
- Depending on event size and weather conditions we may offer coat check. Please check event page for details.
The music is too loud; do you have anything to help?
- Earplugs are available at the bar for $1, just ask our bartenders!
Event & Ticketing Information
I don’t have my ID- can I still get in?
- For a 21+ show we need to see a valid form of identification in order for entry into the venue, no exceptions. Passports, Driver’s License, and State ID are all acceptable.
- Please refer to the Visitor Guidelines for our up-to-date COVID-19 and entry guidelines.
What time will the show start and what time will it end?
- Event times are listed on our website on the event’s page.
How do I buy tickets online?
- Please visit the event’s page for a link to the ticket-buying webpage.
I forgot to print my tickets! Can you scan them on my phone?
- Sure! Either that or give the door staff your full name and we can look you up.
Can I get a refund for my ticket?
- All ticket sales are final. We don’t offer refunds unless an event is canceled.
Will you have tickets for tonight's show at the door?
- If the show is not sold out, we will sell tickets at the door until we reach capacity.
Are there any opening acts at the show?
- Any opening acts will be listed on the event page.
Does my child need a ticket?
- Yes. Due to capacity restrictions, everyone attending must have a ticket regardless of age. We discourage any infants or babies in arms. Children under four years of age are discouraged from attending except for events specifically geared towards children.
Are you hiring?
- Please check here for any job opportunities.
Do you need any interns?
- Gray Area offers a ten week-long part time internship with rolling applications, you can apply here.
Do you need any volunteers?
- Gray Area is a nonprofit organization and we maintain a regular volunteer database for events year-round. To be added to the volunteer list please complete this form and let us know you want to help.
I lost my ID/sweatshirt/favorite book at the show last night. How can I get in touch with the Lost and Found?
- Please contact us at [email protected] with a detailed description of the item and we will do our best to help you get it back.
Do you have a mailing list?